Sunday, July 24, 2005

Under Way

First response to my general email to members was most gratifying - see below. The second was tongue in cheek (I think?). Also repeated below.

Just as a matter of interest, I had to visit my GP recently for a minor problem and he happened to mention that a generic substitute for Lipitor is due to be released in September. Does that explain the collect the bar codes campaign being run by the manufacturers of Lipitor at the moment? Does it mean that they will reduce the price?

Here's Johns's email:

Dear geoff, it was so wonderful to go on to your web page, I am now living in the U.K and will soon be cancelling my south African e.mail address (jsutton@saol.com) my new address is johnandsadie@blueyounder.co.uk and postal is 97 Kent Avenue, Sittingbourne ME10 1HB Kent England.
I had my double bypass January 19th 2004 at Westville hospital and I made a good recovery but my blood pressure was always on the high side after a few months, my medication was changed twice and the blood pressure came under control.
Then later the medical aid said I must change my medication or pay a large levy, my Doctor changed my tablets .
Slowly my pulse became irregular also the blood pressure, my doctor prescribed more tablets and then more as I started to get headaches and my vision was suffering slightly.
When I arrived in England not at all very fit, I registered with a doctor and he stopped one of the tablets saying it was not needed as one of the tablets did the same work also my pulse was only 33 and I should to see him in 2 weeks time.
On the next visit he stopped another 4 tablets as my pulse was still low on 40 and to see him in another 2 weeks.
On the last visit I felt better then I had for a long time and my blood pressure more steady and my pulse at 70, I am now taking 4 tablets plus 1 disprin per day and to see him in 3 weeks time.
In amanzimtoi I found it was not always a good time to walk, either too hot or not safe and the fumes from the car exhaust made me fill ill.
Now I am able to take long walk at any time of the day and when ever returning from visiting at 11pm, also could not detect the car fumes at any time
( I am not knocking South Africa, just stating a fact.)
I would again like to thank you again for the web page and if I am one of the people who still need to pay please let me know.
thank you
John Sutton

and this from Les:

Geoff,
I connected to "The Blog" !!!!
I tried to connect to the members page to place an advert for a "With it Treasurer" but I got onto an international news page .
How do I get into our "general page"??
Les




No comments: